Frequently Asked Questions
Briefly describe the Application Process:
- Find a unit; inspect the interior; submit an application; post a security deposit; pay the first month’s rent; sign a lease.
- Review our vacancy list and select one or more unit you are interested in. Our entire list is available on this website, at our office (10800 Sikes Place, Suite 340) or from one of our Leasing Agents by phone or in person.
- Inspect the interior of the unit you are interested in. Everyone must inspect the specific unit he/she is interested in before submitting a Rental Application. Keys are available weekdays from our office. You will need a Photo ID and $20 cash for the key deposit.
- Complete a Rental Application which is available on this website (click here), or from one of our Leasing Agents on weekdays.
- You will need to show a Photo ID and have a valid Social Security Number.
- Our Application Fee is $55 and we accept Certified Check or Money Order.
- Each Applicant must also post a Binder equal to a first month’s rent. Only after your Application is accepted are these funds deposited to our escrow account. See below for more information about binders.
- We process each Rental Application as quickly as possible. Generally, all background checks are completed in 24-36 hours.
- Assuming that all vacancy repairs are completed, you can move into your new home as soon as your Application is accepted.
- Each Applicant is required to post a Security Deposit and sign a lease before moving into their unit. The amount of the security deposit varies by property and rental rate. Ask your Leasing Agent for more details.
How do I see a vacancy?
- Every applicant must inspect the specific unit he/she is interested in before submitting a Rental Application.
- Keys are available weekdays from our office (10800 Sikes Place, Suite 340).
- Click here for directions to our office.
- You will need a Photo ID and $20 cash for the key deposit.
Does Executive Home Management LLC accept VISA/MasterCard for application fees, binders and security deposits?
Do I inspect the unit before submitting an application?
- In fact, we do not accept Rental Applications until the applicant has personally inspect the specific unit he/she is interested in.
How long does the Application Process take?
- Rental Applications are available on this website, or at our office (10800 Sikes Place, Suite 340)
- Click here for directions to our office.
- Completing the application takes about 15-25 minutes.
- Processing the application generally takes 24-36 hours.
What do I need to bring to complete a Rental Application?
- Photo ID
- Valid Social Security Number
- $55 Application Fee (Certified Check, Money Order)
- Proof of marriage if the husband & wife have different last names. See below for more information about unmarried adult singles.
How much is the Application Fee?
Certified Check, or Money Order.
How much is the Binder and Security Deposit?
- The Binder is equal to the first month’s rent. It must be posted at the time of application.[li>
- The Security Deposit varies by property and rental rate. The minimum security deposit is equal to one month’s rent. Ask your Leasing Agent about specific vacancies.
What is a Binder?
- An amount of money posted to hold a vacancy until the rental application is either accepted or rejected.
- If accepted, the binder amount is applied to the first month’s rent, although the applicant must deposit the required “security deposit” before taking occupancy.
- In the event the applicant fails to take possession after the rental application is accepted, the binder is forfeited as liquidated damages.
When do I have to pay/post the binder?
- When you submit the Rental Application.
- CERTIFIED FUNDS ONLY (Money order or Cashier’s Check).
Does Executive Home Management LLC accept unmarried adult singles?
- If the roommates/partners/applicants are unmarried, their applications are submitted as Co-Applicants and each person pays an individual $55 application fee.
- A separate background check is processed on each applicant.
- If the roommates/partners/applicants are married, their application is submitted as Married Spouses and the couple pays a single $55 application fee.
- A combined background check is processed on the married couple.
- Roommates/partners/applicants with the same legal last name are assumed to be married to each other without any further proof.
- Roommates/partners/applicants with different last names but who claim to be married are asked to provide their marriage license.
- A marriage license from any state will be acceptable.
Briefly describe our Income, Credit & Rental History policies.
- Each adult applicant must have a valid Social Security Number.
- Applicants must have verifiable monthly income from a local employer equal to or greater than four times (4x) the monthly rental rate.
- Any non-employment or passive income must be guaranteed.
- Applicants must have two or more acceptable credit ratings or references, within the last 3 years.
- Applicants must have a history of satisfactory rent payments and occupants with all previous landlords.
- Applicants must have given sufficient notice-to-vacate at their last address.
- Judgments and evictions from any previous landlord are considered bad credit.
How good must my rental and/or credit history be?
- See below for our complete Application Processing, Credit & Income Guidelines.
How long will we ‘hold’ a unit?
Maximum of 30 calendar days after acceptance of a Rental Application.
What do I do if I see repairs that I want made?
- Applicants must personally inspect the property and, as part of the application process, request any repairs they desire.
- Repair requests approved by Executive Home Management LLC become mutually Agreed To Contingencies of the Rental Lease, provided there are at least ten (10) working days between agreement and occupancy.
- The owner reserves the right to seek an increased rental rate if the repairs are estimated to cost more than $200.
- Any repair request added after submission of the Rental Application may not be completed prior to occupancy and can be accomplished at the convenience of the maintenance personnel.
What is a Contingency Form?
- A list of repairs requested by the applicant and agreed to by both parties at the time the application is accepted.
How long are our leases?
- Generally, 12 months.
- Leases revert to month-to-month tenancy at the end of the initial term unless the owner and the resident will agree to a longer term.
What about pets?
- The owner of each property reserves the right to prohibit or limit the number, size and type of pet allowed at the property.
- Typically, more than 1 pet or pets that weigh more than 25 pounds are not allowed, even in single-family houses.
- If the owner and agent agree to a pet, an additional pet deposit and signed Pet Addenda will be required.
- The following dogs are considered vicious and we can NEVER – under any circumstance – agree to allow one of these pets at a property – they are Akita, Chow, Pit Bull a.k.a Staffordshire Terrier, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Sharpei, and Wolf Hybrids.
Where can I find more information about a neighborhood?
- Click here for more information about any neighborhood in America, including age, income, household, school, crime & climate.
Do I need Renters Insurance?
- Yes, this is the best way to protect your furniture, clothing, appliances and personal belongings. Tenant’s Form Homeowners Insurance also provides liability protection to you for a very nominal rate.
How do I turn ‘on’ the utilities?
- Complete information about electricity, natural gas, water & sewer, telephone, cable tv, garbage collection and even how to changing your driver’s license and license tag are found in our FAQs – Utilities section.
How much to the local utilities generally charge for their utility deposits?
- Complete information about all local utilities is found in our FAQs – Utilities section.